PDA

View Full Version : Help with chat box

James
December 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
I love this chatbox thing you guys have.. works great on myspace! I love making my page look nothing like myspace and this defiantly helps.. Only thing that i cant figure out is when people leave it changes there name red.. but never removes them from them from the list.. Ive had a few people there all day and havnt been removed from the list. I know the program is recodnizing them as offline because it says there onfline and there name is red... but the list of offline people is getting bigger and bigger as more prople use it. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for the great product.. Keep up the good work guys!
-James

chrisrixon
December 27th, 2006, 12:36 PM
As you say Red means they are offline. They will stay on the list while they have messages displayed in the chat box. When the messages eventually disappear they will be removed from the offline list. Try refreshing your MySpace page, that may prune the messages. If you delete all the messages from that user that will also get rid of them from the list.

Why do you want them to disappear from the list?

Cheers Chris.

James
December 27th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I have my chat box set kinda small to fit in my myspace profile nicely.. jsut seemed like the offline list was growing prity big.. Wasnt sure the offline people would ever actualy dissapear or not.. thanks for the info

-James

villanosam
January 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
There's one thing that i would like to know about this chat. Since you all say that it works perfectly except for the offline users, what is happening with mine that whenever i'm trying to start the chat and it is connecting then it displays an error saying something about it cant get connected to the server?

Pls help me if anyone of you know what to do.

Thanx in advance.
Villanosam, RD

chrisrixon
January 3rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
You should only see that message very rarely. Its not saying that it's full is it?

Is it possible for you to post your page address here so we can have a look? Alternatively you could PM (private message it to me).

Chris.

villanosam
January 4th, 2007, 11:11 PM
the page is www.myspace.com/villanosam1

i don't think i have it, but i'm going to put the chat one more time so that you can see what is it saying.

Thanx for your help my friend.
If it isn't on myspace, then tomorrow when i have some time i will put it back.

chrisrixon
January 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Looks like its working to me. I left a message saying "Hi just checking"

Chris

villanosam
January 5th, 2007, 07:27 PM
yeah man, thank you very much. I think i know what the problem is. The thing is that i haven't get online from home. And there's something blocking the conection here at my work. Yeah thanx for your helm mah man.

Good looking out///
winston

Lord of Tiki
January 15th, 2007, 02:45 AM
I keep coming up as Guest and I can't type anything in the chat box
when i click on my name i get it changed to undefined and I can't change anything on/in it
I have used it before with success but now it doesn't work.
can u explain this?
this is on
http://www.meez.com/home.dm

Lord of Tiki
January 15th, 2007, 02:51 AM
i forgot
other people can still use my chat box

xdtf
January 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hello Lord of Tiki,

We've looked into this problem here and can't find anything wrong so far. Would you be able to try a few things out to help us solve your problem?

When you start you chatbox can you click the mouse on the text entry part and see if the cursor is flashing on there? With a flashing cursor can you try to post a message?

Can you try to change your name, first how you have always done, and secondly after clicking on the name edit box with the mouse?

Can you try to post a message on the chat box on http://www.xatech.com and let us know what happens?

The most likely explanation is that the flash cookies (that store your username, picture on your machine) have somehow been written incorrectly.

Can you let me know what computer and operating system you are using e.g. Windows XP, Macintosh, Linux etc.

Many Thanks,

Darren Ferris
xat.com

xdtf
January 17th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hello,

This problem is caused by using an old version of macromedia's flash player with the chat box. If you go to the following url you can update your flash player and everything should work for you:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Darren Ferris
xat.com

Lord of Tiki
January 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM
well now i can type in the box but i can't seem to connect

chrisrixon
January 21st, 2007, 08:38 AM
Your firewall might be blocking the chat box.

Are you using it at work? Chris.