xatquiz home page xat.com home page

Go Back   xat.com Forum > xatshow
User Name
Password
Play Quizzes FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Register Free

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 6th, 2003, 03:25 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Evaluating xatshow - problem with slide transitions



I am looking at purchasing XatShow. I have pictures in multiple folders
that I want to put into one slideshow that I can run from start to
finish.

As I use XatShow I add separate folders to the slideshow (I want the
slides organized in separate folders (directories)). I don't want to
copy the pictures to all one folder.

How do I transition from the last slide on folder 1 to the first slide
on folder 2. I don't want to have to have people manually enter numbers
etc for the transition.

Jay


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 6th, 2003, 05:43 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Evaluating xatshow - problem with slide transitions




Hi
The way that I do it is to go to where you add files and open up one folder
and choose the images from there that I want to use, then go to the next f
older and again open it up and choose those images and keep going until I h
ave all of the images that I want to use set up. Then if I want to put them
in another order I go to the one tab that shows all of them and move them
up or down as I want them to show on the screen. Sandy


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 6th, 2003, 04:12 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Evaluating xatshow - problem with slide transitions





This occurred to me also but I was hoping I could control the
transitions while still having some organization within the slide show.
The tabs had all the right options etc. with names like sequencer so I
felt the capability was not out of this world but...

I have many slides already cropped/rotated etc. This represents many
hours of editing but now I cannot organize the display properly without
re-do. Do you see a way to save workwhich is already done and use it
again in another slideshow?

I guess if I select this product I have to re-do everything (shame on me
for not selected a much smaller subset to get the process down
prefect). If I have to redo everything today I might as well look at
some other products with more robust capabilities in this area (not sure
what they are but doesn't anyone actually do large projects with any of
these products?).

For example in my project each folder represents a day of a trip. So I
have 14 folders. With many pictures it is hard to navigate around
select ones from certain days etc. Having a menu of 9 object like
xatshow doesn't help my 14 day trip too perfectly

Another topic. If I save a slideshow but then want to create an svcd of
it, do I have to redo all the editing/cropping etc. It seems funny one
does not have a project then at save time decide whether he is creating
a pc slideshow or svcd etc. I really would like both in the end.

Jay

Sandra Davenport wrote:

> HiThe way that I do it is to go to where you add files and open up one
> folder and choose the images from there that I want to use, then go to
> the next folder and again open it up and choose those images and keep
> going until I have all of the images that I want to use set up. Then
> if I want to put them in another order I go to the one tab that shows
> all of them and move them up or down as I want them to show on the
> screen. Sandy
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 6th, 2003, 04:27 PM
 
Posts: n/a
Evaluating xatshow - problem with slide transitions





Actually as I look more closely the way the greater than 9 slideshows is
handled is fine with me, via multiple slideshows per menu and then
multiple menu pages. If I could just have one show that transitioned
all slides from the one show(folder) to another.

Sticking 600 slides in a folder and moving around in them seems a
nightmare. Figuring out where one leaves off to edit etc.

Jay

Jay Anderson wrote:

> This occurred to me also but I was hoping I could control the
> transitions while still having some organization within the slide
> show. The tabs had all the right options etc. with names like
> sequencer so I felt the capability was not out of this world but...
>
> I have many slides already cropped/rotated etc. This represents many
> hours of editing but now I cannot organize the display properly
> without re-do. Do you see a way to save workwhich is already done and
> use it again in another slideshow?
>
> I guess if I select this product I have to re-do everything (shame on
> me for not selected a much smaller subset to get the process down
> prefect). If I have to redo everything today I might as well look at
> some other products with more robust capabilities in this area (not
> sure what they are but doesn't anyone actually do large projects with
> any of these products?).
>
> For example in my project each folder represents a day of a trip. So
> I have 14 folders. With many pictures it is hard to navigate around
> select ones from certain days etc. Having a menu of 9 object like
> xatshow doesn't help my 14 day trip too perfectly
>
> Another topic. If I save a slideshow but then want to create an svcd
> of it, do I have to redo all the editing/cropping etc. It seems funny
> one does not have a project then at save time decide whether he is
> creating a pc slideshow or svcd etc. I really would like both in the
> end.
>
> Jay
>
> Sandra Davenport wrote:
>
>> HiThe way that I do it is to go to where you add files and open up
>> one folder and choose the images from there that I want to use, then
>> go to the next folder and again open it up and choose those images
>> and keep going until I have all of the images that I want to use set
>> up. Then if I want to put them in another order I go to the one tab
>> that shows all of them and move them up or down as I want them to
>> show on the screen. Sandy
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006 xat.com ltd.